General Election of Directors occurs every first Saturday in May of every even numbered year. The next upcoming election will take place on May 4, 2024.
The location of the Election (if one is held) is to be determined and will be updated accordingly.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Board of Directors Elections
The next directors election is scheduled for Saturday, May 4, 2024. The District will establish the polling place(s) for the election, which will be provided in the Notice of Election.
Applications for a place on the ballot may be filed from January 17, 2024, to 5:00 p.m. local time on February 16, 2024. For information about the requirements for filing for candidacy for a position on the Board, please visit the Texas Secretary of State’s candidate website, at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml.
Elecciones de la Junta Directiva
La próxima elección de directores está programada para el sábado 4 de mayo de 2024; El Distrito establecerá el(los) lugar(es) para la elección, los cuales serán provistos en el Aviso de Elección.
Las solicitudes para un lugar en la boleta de votación pueden presentarse desde el 17 de enero de 2024 hasta las 5:00 p.m. hora local del 16 de febrero de 2024. Para obtener información acerca de los requisitos para presentar la candidatura para una posición en la Junta, sírvase visitar ele sitio web del candidato del Secretario de Estado de Texas en https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml.
Caùc Cuoäc Baàu Cöû Ban Giaùm Ñoác
Cuoäc baàu cöû caùc giaùm ñoác tieáp theo döï kieán ñöôïc toå chöùc vaøo thöù Baûy, 4 thaùng Naêm, 2024. Cô Quan seõ thieát laäp (caùc) ñòa ñieåm boû phieáu cho cuoäc baàu cöû, vaø thoâng tin veà ñòa ñieåm boû phieáu seõ coù trong Thoâng Baùo Baàu Cöû.
Thôøi gian noäp ñôn xin ghi teân treân laù phieáu laø töø ngaøy 17 thaùng Moät, 2024 ñeán 5 giôø chieàu giôø ñòa phöông ngaøy 16 thaùng Hai, 2024. Ñeå bieát theâm thoâng tin veà caùc yeâu caàu noäp ñôn tranh cöû cho moät ví trí cuûa Ban, vui loøng gheù thaêm website öùng cöû vieân cuûa Toång Tröôûng Tieåu Bang Texas taïi https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/index.shtml.