Cinco MUD 2 has implemented Stage 1 of the District’s Drought Contingency Plan, effective June 1 and continuing until a similar notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted.
The goal is a 10% reduction in daily water demand and is voluntary at this time. Please conserve water daily under the following guidelines.
- District customers are requested to voluntarily reduce all water usage.
- Please check for and repair all leaks, including sprinkler systems, dripping faucets, and/or running toilets, and utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags in toilet tanks, low-flow shower heads, and leak detection tablets.
- All outdoor water use should be curtailed.
- All customers are asked to discontinue outdoor water use between the hours of 6:00am and 10:00am and between the hours of 6:00pm and 12:00am.
- Residential customers with even-numbered addresses (or north & west sides of streets where no street address exists) should limit outdoor irrigation to even-numbered days.
- Residential customers with odd-numbered addresses (or south and east sides of streets where no street address exists) should limit outdoor irrigation to odd-numbered days.
Mandatory measures with penalties for violation may be imposed if a water shortage continues.